search for something
or read a curated article below
- Hawaiian Ancient SurfingTraditional Hawaiian culture is rich with ancient surfing history; giant, glossy surfboards for kings, conditioned koa boards for commoners.
- History of KarateLearn about the history of karate, from its precursors in ancient India to its development in Okinawa, Japan and its spread in the 20th century.
- Japanese Sumo WrestlingSumo wrestling is a cultural Japanese grappling sport, born out of a mix between 18th century street fighting and Shinto traditions.
- Malla-Yuddha (South Asian Wrestling)Malla-yuddha was an ancient South Asian combat sport with rich cultural history, incorporating grappling, boxing, and martial arts.
- History of HockeyThe history of hockey, from ancient Irish fields to frozen Canadian lakes – learn about the hockey sports different cultures have played throughout history.
- Rx, Prescription Symbol OriginRx, or ℞, is the symbol for prescriptions, used both in modern times and centuries past. The three theories as to its origins are detailed here.
- History of Football (American)The history of football, from ancient Greece to medieval Europe – learn about football games of the past and the development of modern American football.
- Ancient Heraean GamesThe Heraean Games were a series of festivals held in honor of the Greek goddess Hera. Only women were allowed to compete in these games.