search for something
or read a curated article below
- Ancient Olympic GamesThe ancient Olympic Games were athletic festivals held to honor Zeus. The stadion sprint was the only event originally, with additions later on.
- History of Kung FuLearn about the history of kung fu, from its precursors in India to its development in Shaolin and its spread throughout China in the Middle Ages.
- Ancient Egyptian MedicineAncient Egyptian medicine and healthcare was a dance between science and magic. Wound care, herbalism, and prayers all played a role in healing.
- Health and Medical SymbolsMedical symbols throughout the history of humankind have often featured serpents. More abstract symbols, such as the red cross, are newer.
- Irish Coraíocht (Collar and Elbow)Coraíocht, commonly referred to as "Collar and Elbow," was a grappling sport practiced throughout Ireland for over a millennium.
- Ancient Aztec NutritionAncient Aztec nutrition revolved heavily around corn and maize, complimented with vegetables and a lot of salt and chili pepper. Insects, too.
- Historical RunnersHealth and Fitness History's list of the most historical runners, including the legend behind the marathon race, Pheidippides.
- Greek GymnasiumThe ancient Greek gymnasium was a bastion of physical education where men could train under the supervision of seasoned athletes.