search for something
or read a curated article below
- Greek Stadion (Race)The Greek stadion was a highly celebrated footrace and the first event to be held at the ancient Olympic Games.
- History of BoxingThe history of boxing, from ancient Egypt to 17th century England. Learn about the fall of the sport and its revival a millennium later.
- Ancient Greek NutritionAncient Greek nutrition closely matched modern recommendations with regard to intake of each food group – a diet rich in natural foods.
- Japanese Sumo WrestlingSumo wrestling is a cultural Japanese grappling sport, born out of a mix between 18th century street fighting and Shinto traditions.
- Ancient Aztec NutritionAncient Aztec nutrition revolved heavily around corn and maize, complimented with vegetables and a lot of salt and chili pepper. Insects, too.
- Greek Diaulos (Race)The Greek diaulos was a two-lap sprint around 200 meters. It was the second sport to be featured in the ancient Olympic Games.
- Native American MedicineNative American medicine and healthcare was centered around balance in every aspect of life – physical, spiritual, mental, and environmental.
- History of FitnessThe history of fitness and exercise, from ancient Greece to India – learn how these cultures kept their bodies in healthy condition.