search for something
or read a curated article below
- History of YogaLearn about the history of yoga, from its subsets in the ancient Eastern World to its worldwide revival as a form of exercise in the 20th century.
- Greco-Roman Hoop RollingHoop rolling was a sporty Greco-Roman game played by both youths and adults. Using a short stick, they would roll a hoop for as long as possible.
- Ancient Greek NutritionAncient Greek nutrition closely matched modern recommendations with regard to intake of each food group – a diet rich in natural foods.
- Greek Dolichos (Race)The dolichos was an ancient Greek footrace held at the Olympic Games. It was an endurance race of 18-24 laps on the stadion – about 3 miles.
- BloodlettingBloodletting covers a broad stretch of history, notably from ancient Greece (and not ancient Egypt) into 19th century Western culture.
- Greek PankrationPankration was a violent, unrestrained Greek combat sport with elements from boxing and wrestling. Almost no rules meant fighters could kill.
- Rx, Prescription Symbol OriginRx, or ℞, is the symbol for prescriptions, used both in modern times and centuries past. The three theories as to its origins are detailed here.
- History of GolfLearn about the history of golf and its debated origins, from medieval Chinese and Dutch sports to the development of the game itself in Scotland.