search for something
or read a curated article below
- Ancient Roman NutritionAncient Roman nutrition among the upper class was fairly poor. Senaca reported the upper classes made themselves vomit at feasts for room to eat more.
- History of Kung FuLearn about the history of kung fu, from its precursors in India to its development in Shaolin and its spread throughout China in the Middle Ages.
- Ancient Egyptian NutritionAncient Egyptian nutrition centered around bread, beer, and vegetables. Abundance of barley led to a diet heavy with all kinds of bread and nutritional beer.
- Hawaiian Ancient SurfingTraditional Hawaiian culture is rich with ancient surfing history; giant, glossy surfboards for kings, conditioned koa boards for commoners.
- BloodlettingBloodletting covers a broad stretch of history, notably from ancient Greece (and not ancient Egypt) into 19th century Western culture.
- Greek PankrationPankration was a violent, unrestrained Greek combat sport with elements from boxing and wrestling. Almost no rules meant fighters could kill.
- History of Football (American)The history of football, from ancient Greece to medieval Europe – learn about football games of the past and the development of modern American football.
- Historical RunnersHealth and Fitness History's list of the most historical runners, including the legend behind the marathon race, Pheidippides.