search for something
or read a curated article below
- Greek StadiumThe ancient Greek stadium hosted Panhellenic festivals in different regions, such as the ancient Olympic Games and Panathenaic Games.
- Greek Palé (Wrestling)Greek wrestling, palé, was the first non-running event added to the Ancient Olympics, though likely practiced for centuries beforehand.
- Malla-Yuddha (South Asian Wrestling)Malla-yuddha was an ancient South Asian combat sport with rich cultural history, incorporating grappling, boxing, and martial arts.
- Calcio Fiorentino (Renaissance Soccer)Calcio fiorentino was an Italian Renaissance sport with elements of soccer and handball. It was popular among nobility, especially the Medici.
- Medieval European NutritionMedieval European nutrition consisted of a ton of cereals, a lot of veggies, and a modest amount of meat. Due to Catholic beliefs, fish was very popular as well.
- History of FitnessThe history of fitness and exercise, from ancient Greece to India – learn how these cultures kept their bodies in healthy condition.
- Greek PalaestraThe palaestra was an ancient Greek athletic establishment for combat sports. It was a central icon within the life of the Greek man.
- BloodlettingBloodletting covers a broad stretch of history, notably from ancient Greece (and not ancient Egypt) into 19th century Western culture.