search for something
or read a curated article below
- Hawaiian Ancient SurfingTraditional Hawaiian culture is rich with ancient surfing history; giant, glossy surfboards for kings, conditioned koa boards for commoners.
- Malla-Yuddha (South Asian Wrestling)Malla-yuddha was an ancient South Asian combat sport with rich cultural history, incorporating grappling, boxing, and martial arts.
- Ancient Isthmian GamesThe ancient Isthmian Games were a series of athletic festivals held in honor of Poseidon, the Greek mythological deity of the sea.
- History of Kung FuLearn about the history of kung fu, from its precursors in India to its development in Shaolin and its spread throughout China in the Middle Ages.
- Greek PalaestraThe palaestra was an ancient Greek athletic establishment for combat sports. It was a central icon within the life of the Greek man.
- History of HockeyThe history of hockey, from ancient Irish fields to frozen Canadian lakes – learn about the hockey sports different cultures have played throughout history.
- Ancient Aztec NutritionAncient Aztec nutrition revolved heavily around corn and maize, complimented with vegetables and a lot of salt and chili pepper. Insects, too.
- Roman Harpastum (Ball Game)Roman harpastum was a combination of American football and keep-away. It was a fairly violent sport, with elements from wrestling incorporated.