search for something
or read a curated article below
- Historical Fighters and WrestlersHealth and Fitness History's list of the most notable historical combat athletes, including figures like Diagoras of Rhodes and Egyptian Horus.
- Compendium of Materia MedicaThe Compendium of Materia Medica is considered the most influential ancient herbal text in the Traditional Chinese Medicine community.
- History of Combat SportsThe history of combat sports, from ancient Asia, to Mesopotamia, to Europe – learn about fighting, boxing, and wrestling across cultures throughout history.
- History of SoccerThe history of soccer, from ancient China to medieval Europe – learn about football games of the past and the development of modern association football.
- Historical RunnersHealth and Fitness History's list of the most historical runners, including the legend behind the marathon race, Pheidippides.
- Ancient Greek MedicineAncient Greek medicine paved the way for Western healthcare practices, growing from prayers to the gods to precise diagnoses and prescriptions.
- Ancient Aztec NutritionAncient Aztec nutrition revolved heavily around corn and maize, complimented with vegetables and a lot of salt and chili pepper. Insects, too.
- History of HockeyThe history of hockey, from ancient Irish fields to frozen Canadian lakes – learn about the hockey sports different cultures have played throughout history.