search for something
or read a curated article below
- Compendium of Materia MedicaThe Compendium of Materia Medica is considered the most influential ancient herbal text in the Traditional Chinese Medicine community.
- Historical Fighters and WrestlersHealth and Fitness History's list of the most notable historical combat athletes, including figures like Diagoras of Rhodes and Egyptian Horus.
- Ancient Olympic GamesThe ancient Olympic Games were athletic festivals held to honor Zeus. The stadion sprint was the only event originally, with additions later on.
- Ancient Babylonian MedicineAncient Babylonian medicine revolved heavily around magic and incantations with little scientific process aside from diagnoses and prognoses.
- Native American MedicineNative American medicine and healthcare was centered around balance in every aspect of life – physical, spiritual, mental, and environmental.
- History of WrestlingThe history of wrestling, from ancient Mesopotamia to medieval Germany. Learn about the kinds of wrestling matches these cultures engaged in.
- Medieval European NutritionMedieval European nutrition consisted of a ton of cereals, a lot of veggies, and a modest amount of meat. Due to Catholic beliefs, fish was very popular as well.
- History of GolfLearn about the history of golf and its debated origins, from medieval Chinese and Dutch sports to the development of the game itself in Scotland.