search for something
or read a curated article below
- Ancient Greek NutritionAncient Greek nutrition closely matched modern recommendations with regard to intake of each food group – a diet rich in natural foods.
- Chinese Cuju (Ancient Soccer)Cuju, a sport similar to soccer, was popular for over a millennium across several Asian countries before fading away around the 16th century.
- Ancient Roman NutritionAncient Roman nutrition among the upper class was fairly poor. Senaca reported the upper classes made themselves vomit at feasts for room to eat more.
- History of Combat SportsThe history of combat sports, from ancient Asia, to Mesopotamia, to Europe – learn about fighting, boxing, and wrestling across cultures throughout history.
- Ancient Pythian GamesThe Greek Pythian Games were held in honor of Apollo. They featured the same sports as the Olympic Games in addition to musical contests.
- History of Rugby FootballThe history of rugby, from ancient Greece to medieval Europe – learn about football games of the past leading up to England's development of modern rugby.
- Ancient Hawaiian Ulu Maika (Bowling)Ulu maika was an ancient Hawaiian sport with similarities to bowling. Athletes would take turns rolling a small stone disk as far as they could.
- History of HockeyThe history of hockey, from ancient Irish fields to frozen Canadian lakes – learn about the hockey sports different cultures have played throughout history.