search for something
or read a curated article below
- Compendium of Materia MedicaThe Compendium of Materia Medica is considered the most influential ancient herbal text in the Traditional Chinese Medicine community.
- Greek StadiumThe ancient Greek stadium hosted Panhellenic festivals in different regions, such as the ancient Olympic Games and Panathenaic Games.
- Greek Pygmachia (Boxing)Pygmachia was a wildly popular Greek boxing sport with brutal and bloody fighting techniques, occasionally leading to deaths in the pit.
- History of Combat SportsThe history of combat sports, from ancient Asia, to Mesopotamia, to Europe – learn about fighting, boxing, and wrestling across cultures throughout history.
- Native American MedicineNative American medicine and healthcare was centered around balance in every aspect of life – physical, spiritual, mental, and environmental.
- Greek Episkyros (Ball Game)Episkyros, like American football, required a lot of strength and agility. It was a somewhat dangerous sport, with occasional broken bones
- History of FitnessThe history of fitness and exercise, from ancient Greece to India – learn how these cultures kept their bodies in healthy condition.
- Ancient Greek MedicineAncient Greek medicine paved the way for Western healthcare practices, growing from prayers to the gods to precise diagnoses and prescriptions.